Thursday, February 21, 2008

Even in the small things

Michelle - There was a time when I believed that some things were not worth wasting God’s time. God of course has occasionally shown me otherwise. A couple weeks ago I experienced one of those occasions. I was going on day three of being really sick, body aches, fever, sore throat, nausea, headache, the whole bit. Unfortunately, this third day was my son’s seventh birthday. When I woke I could hardly swallow. I went into the bathroom, turned on the light, looked in the mirror at my throat and found it to be extremely red, very swollen and covered in white spots. In my experience this was definitely strep throat. I showed my husbandand began to cry, saying, “I can’t be sick today. I have to bake a cake, throw a party and celebrate with Carsten.” My husband put his hand on my throat and began to pray. After he left for work I continued to pray, “God please, I know you hear me and I know you have the power. Just for today, please Lord get me through today. Let me feel better just for my son’s birthday.” About one half hour later I swallowed and realized it didn’t hurt so badly. I went back into the bathroom, turned on the light, looked at my throat and the white spots were gone! “Wow!” I thought “God is amazing.” I know I’m not alone in thinking that some things are to small or unimportant for God, but I’m here to testify God does not agree. He wants it all, the good, the bad, the big and small. Always take the time to lift it up to the Lord and have faith that he hears you and cares. His love is unfailing. (from the Fall 2007 newsletter)

No comments: