Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Hand Healed

In the spring of 2000, I had been experiencing severe pain in my right hand. My company sent me to an orthopedic surgeon to examine my hand. He told me that the cartilage in my wrist had been severely worn down. 22 years in the machine trade had taken it's toll. At that moment I was 35% disabled. The doctor told me it would only continue to deteriorate. Surgery could help take away some of the pain but the cartilage would never grow back. I never got the surgery.

Over the years the hand got worse. The more I used it, the more the pain. I accepted this as my "thorn in the flesh". In February of 2006, Darrel Stott visited the Lighthouse. During a time of prayer, I stepped forward at the urging of Virginia. I joined hands with my son David and received prayer. I sensed nothing ... I felt nothing. I decided that the important thing was that I had submitted myself to the ministrations of God in obedience.

In the next few days, I had done a considerable amount of piano playing. This would usually have caused extensive pain in my right hand. Strangely enough, there was none! On Sunday, I acknowledged to the congregation what had happened. The only conclusion I could draw was that God had touched my hand, without sensation, without fanfare. He took away my pain! Thank you, Lord!


Pastor David

No comments: